Thanks For Following!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Comparisons!

Good afternoon! As I've mentioned, I've been playing around with my polishes a lot lately. I have polishes that are pretty close in color, so I thought comparing some would make for a good post. I know I have lots more, but these were the ones that stood out the most to me.

The first two are Sinful Colors Pink Forever (1) and Jessica Juicy (2). These were incredibly hard to capture on the camera, especially since I had to take these pictures inside. They don't even look like they match their bottle pictures. So weird! Anyway, I did three coats of both and Pink Forever seems to be a little darker than Juicy. The formula was also a lot thicker than Juicy. So I don't think they are exact matches.

Next I have Sally Girl Pea-Body (3) and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Green with Envy (4). Pea-Body is a much lighter green with a very thin formula. Green with Envy is darker and almost opaque in one coat. I did three coats of both, anyway.

NYX Ocean (5) and Pure Ice A List (6). These seem so similar in the bottle, but obviously, on the nail Ocean has a green tint to it. They both have that frosty finish, but A List has a lighter, more blue shine to it. These are both three coats.

E.L.F. Royal Purple (7) and 10 Signed, Sealed, & Delivered (8). These are the most similar. I really can't tell much of a difference. Royal Purple is a little darker, but they both have the same shimmer. These are both three coats.

China Glaze Pool Party (9) and Jesse's Girl Beach Baby (10). These are so similar in the bottle, that I was really wondering why I had both. But once they are painted, it's obvious that Pool Party is much lighter than Beach Baby, although they are both bright neons. These are both three coats.

Sally Hansen Insta Dri Blue Away (11) and Sally Hansen Barracuda (12). Blue Away looks a little darker in the bottle and once it is on the nail, it truly is the darker of the two. Barracuda is a lighter, more pastel blue. Blue Away really only needs two coats to get full opacity, while Barracuda definitely needs three. Regardless, I used three coats on both.

Essense Ultimate Pink (13) and Maybelline Fuchsia Flash (14). In the bottles, these both have a blue flash, but only Fuchsia Flash translates that flash onto the nail. Ultimate Pink is more of a creamy pink. There is a slight hint of a blue flash, but it's not as obvious as Fuchsia Flash, and it's a much darker pink. Fuchsia Flash also shows a lot of brush strokes. These are both three coats.

Maybelline Aqua Electric (15) and Wet n Wild Bijou Blue (16). These have very few similarities once painted. Aqua Electric is more of a glass fleck polish, and Bijou Blue is really more of a frost. They are basically the same shade of blue, but with different finishes. These are both three coats.

And last but not least, L.A. Colors Static Electricity and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pacific Blue. Static Electricity is a darker, more indigo blue and Pacific Blue is more of a neon blue. Pacific Blue is really pigmented so two coats is fine, but I used three for both. Static Electricity is also very pigmented, but needs three coats so that the color can build properly.

I know I have plenty more polishes in my collection that have matches, but I'll have to find those the next time I feel like re-organizing my collection. :)

I'm super stoked for our trip to Florida! Thank y'all for helping to pick out a color. I think the one everybody liked the most was Pool Party. I really like that one, too, it just chips so easily. So I'll have to see what I can do! And now that I'm thinking about it, my toes really don't have to match my nails... so I might do two different colors. Ahhh the possibilities! :)

Let me know what y'all think of the comparisons! Does anybody have these polishes? Are there other colors pretty similar to the ones I posted? Thanks for reading! :)

7 comments:

Makeup Majesty said...

this is a great post! nail polishes always look different in the bottle vs. on nails. following your blog now, check out my makeup blog if you're interested! =)

http://makeupmajesty.blogspot.com/

Kay said...

I sure can't tell the difference just by looking at the bottles. Great post!

Audrey- The Nail Affair said...

The colour of the bottle and the colour on the nail are always such extreme differences!! Loving the royal purples by the way:D

Unknown said...

Great comparisons! ELF Royal Purple is GORGEOUS! I wish I had picked it up when we had it now :(

Oksana said...

i love jessica nail polish

The Preppy Student said...

I love these comparisons. Ive never tried some of these brands so its fun to look!

Olivia C. said...

Makeup Majesty- Thanks for stopping by & following! :)

Kay- I know! It's so weird how that works! Thanks. :)

Audrey L.- I know! Isn't it weird? Thanks! :)

thenailaholic- Thanks! Yes, I love Royal Purple! Can you get it online by any chance? :)

Ksyu Style- Me too! :)

Toesthattwinkle- Thanks! And thanks for stopping by! :)