Thanks For Following!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Strips: Stud-io Time

Hey y'all! I'm going to share my experience with the Sally Hansen nail strips today. As y'all know, I found these in the clearance area at Target about a week ago. Regularly, these retail for about $8.50, but I got them for a little over $2. When I first saw these, I wasn't super impressed with the pattern, but I had wanted to try these for so long, so it didn't really matter to me. However, once I put these on, I really loved the pattern! Plus I've gotten so many compliments on them. But before y'all look at the pics, just know that my nails are super short at the moment!

At first, I thought I was going to have a really hard time applying these. The first two or three were a little difficult, but if you do exactly what the directions say, it isn't hard at all. You MUST start with clean, dry nails. The directions say to run a little polish remover over your nails to remove any excess dirt or oil. I had just gotten out of the shower when I applied them, and I didn't really think it was necessary. But any other time I would say it is. The pack includes a little file, and you have to file the tops of your nails before applying the strips. Then you match the right size strips to each of your nails. They include different sizes, so it's important to check and make sure that you have a strip that will fit your nails. At first I thought the strips were too narrow for my nails, but they actually fit really well. Then you peel back the plastic, tear off the perforated edge, place the strip as close to your cuticle as possible and then stick the strip down. It's very important to hold the strip from the middle, so you don't get any folds in the strip. I learned that the hard way, so I got a lot of folds in them. I think the next time I apply these will be much easier. This was a learning process, but it was still so much easier than applying polish, plus there was no dry time! Actually, I added a top coat because the strips were lifting a little at the edges. I figured a top coat would keep it down, at least overnight. So far, so good! I would recommend applying the top coat because it seems to seal the strips down pretty well.

This is just my experience with the nail strips. I am in no way experienced with these. I've read so many different things on other blogs about these strips. But overall I have to say that I really like them! I think they are probably worth their price tag, but I would hate to pay full price for them. I would definitely like to try some different designs because I have seen some really cute patterns. I will be keeping an eye out for these, especially in clearance areas.

Have y'all used these nail strips or strips from another brand? I would love to hear y'all's feedback and experiences with them. What do y'all think of the pattern?

Thank y'all for reading! :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Not fond of the pattern of these ones but I do really like nail strips. I've tried one over brand but I wouldn't really recommend them. The process was really awkward and time consuming.

I like the look of the Sally Hansen tattoo strips though :)

Emily said...

These look great! Aren't these way easier to use than you thought they'd be?

KarenD said...

Glad you had a good experience with them! I've never filed/buffed my nails before putting these on (my nails aren't strong enough for that) and they've stayed on just fine. I only use the file in the package to get rid of the excess strip from the end of my nails. I often use the non-gritty back of the file to smooth down the edges of the strips to make sure they're really stuck down (at first I used the flat end of the orangewood stick for that, but it's too easy to rip the strip that way)

Kay said...

I have used these and really like them. My nails are so short/small that I ended up using one strip for 2 nails, cutting them instead of filing them off. I like the look of yours. It's just something different.

Lydz said...

oh these are so stunning! :)

Sandra said...

I really like the pattern, they look great. :)
I've tried Wild & Mild ones which were pretty bad. I loved the lace pattern, but they started peeling really fast.