Thanks For Following!

Monday, May 27, 2013

Always Playing Catch Up with Y'all

I know I'm always saying I'm gonna be a better blogger and blah blah blah. I'm just not consistent. I probably won't all of a sudden post every day because it's summer, either. I'm gonna be pretty busy this summer but I do want to at least get on here and keep up with y'all a little more than I have been. I've done so much since the last time I checked in! It's so hard to remember what all I've done. So I just went through all the pictures on my phone and picked out some to share. 

So let's start with my spring break trip to NYC! I think I mentioned in my last post that I would be going there. I went with my family and we spent about 4 days in the city. We actually stayed in Times Square. Let me just start by saying I'm not a huge fan of Times Square. It scared me! The first night we went out to find a place to eat and EVERYONE in the WORLD was there. I like space and being able to see things other than buildings. So I had like a mini panic attack, but I got over it. The next few days there were a lot less people. The view from our hotel was amazing, though. We were on what seemed like the 90th floor looking down on Times Square. Pretty amazing. Here's a few pics from the trip.
 This is from the very top of the Empire State Building, one of my favorites parts of the trip. What an incredible view. It's amazing to think about what this city is and how incredible it really is.

Times Square. This was just outside our hotel. 
And this is the view from our hotel the first night. 
Just hours before we left I got to see the naked cowboy, definitely a highlight. 

The trip was overwhelming, awesome, tiring, stressful, and fun. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go because I think everyone needs to go at least once just to see what it's all about. It really is incredible. I still think back and it's really like nothing else. It does scare me though! It's such a big city and I'm so not into that. The subway was so cool, but so confusing, at least to me. My sister totally understood it and understood how it worked and everything. I'm over there like, well, I hope it gets us where we gotta go. I'm lost either way. I've said this a lot to my family and friends: If I was dropped back at our hotel all by myself, I could get to ONE place, the Hard Rock cafe. I would be totally and completely lost otherwise. The city is so big! It's amazing how much is in it and how everything works. So anyway, that was my trip to NYC. I can tell y'all that I definitely love where I live and I appreciate the smallness of it. I don't think I could ever be a city girl. So needless to say, I went to Arkansas as soon as I could when we got back. Wide open spaces are my thing. :)

These are both taken from my Great Grandparent's farm. I'm from the delta of Arkansas and I have never appreciated it as much as I do now. NYC made me appreciate the uniqueness of each city and state. Our country is one beautiful place with so many different landscapes, all beautiful in their own way. 
And then just one of my favorite backroads... :)

The other day I went to see Blackberry Smoke in concert at Minglewood Hall! If you haven't listened to their music, I would definitely say go take a listen! It's a country-southern rock band out of Atlanta. They remind me a lot of Skynyrd and The Allman Brothers. And let me just say, they are a million times better in concert. I had the best night listening to them! 
This is the band that went on before them, A Thousand Horses. Check them out, too! They're from Nashville and have the same kinda sound as Blackberry Smoke. 
And then Blackberry Smoke. I can't wait to see them live again!

My post wouldn't be complete or relevant to this blog without some nail pics! I've had shellac a lot, but I've also been wearing basically the same shades all the time. I did some pink for Easter, some lilac and then some sheer pink. I've been wearing OPI's Princesses Rule! a lot lately. I had it in shellac and then went out and bought the polish. It's a soft, sheer pink that's really pretty. I also like it because chips aren't as noticeable when you wear it, so you can get away with wearing it longer. Of course I don't have pics of that. I do, however, have pics of a new favorite OPI pink, Meep Meep Meep from the Muppets collection. I love it so much and even got a co-worker hooked on it! :)

Meep Meep Meep only needs two coats and it lasted about a week for me! I'm wearing it on my toes right now and it's so pretty and sparkly!
This is Minsk by Mavala. My Godmother gave me three Mavala polishes and I think she got them in Switzerland. They are some of the best polishes! Super pigmented and smooth. 

I have a really awesome summer job taking care of two kids during the week. They have a big, beautiful pool in their backyard, so guess what we'll be doing everyday? Don't be too jealous of my view! ;)


I hope y'all are all doing well and enjoying the summer so far! Also Happy Memorial Day! God Bless the USA and those who fight bravely for our freedom!

Talk to y'all soon! :)

No comments: