Thanks For Following!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Polishes You Haven't Seen

Hey ya'll. Just FYI... this is a picture heavy post. 
Just wanted to show ya'll some polishes you haven't seen. I have them organized by brand. Enjoy :)


Here's Sally Hansen~ Flash. It's a really pretty bright blue with a nice amount of shimmer in it. I used two coats here, no application problems. :)


Sally Hansen Hards As Nails Xtreme Wear~ Fuchsia Power. This is definitely my go to HOT pink. I absolutely love it, and I have used A LOT of it. I used two coats because it is quite pigmented. You could almost use one coat. No application issues other than my bottle is old so it's running a bit thick.




Sally Hansen Diamond Strength~ Platinum. This is a truly AWESOME color. It flashes green and pink in certain lighting. I wasn't really able to capture that on the camera, SO... ya'll will just have to go get it and try it out! I used three coats. I didn't apply it very well, but that had nothing to do with the polish.


Wet n' Wild~ Lavender Pearlescent. I, HONESTLY, don't understand that name. This just looks pink to me... with a frosted look. Anyway, two coats. No application problems.
Wet n' Wild~ Mauve Frost. This one just looks brown to me. Frosted brown anyway. I guess you can kind of see the mauve in there. Another two-coater. No application problems.

N.Y.C.~ Park Avenue. These are such good polishes. And, the bottle is quite easy to store. This is a slight lavender color. Another one with the frosted effect. I used three coats, no application problems.

N.Y.C.~ Bryant Park. I used two coats. The color is kind of like a light caramel.


Sinful Colors~ Irish Green. I got this close to St. Patrick's Day. Obviously a good color for that holiday. Kind of a jelly. It's a neon as well, and it can dry a bit matte. I used four coats. If you put glitter or something on top you can get away with three coats. No application issues with this one.
Cover Girl Nail Slicks~ Citrus Punch. Such an old color, but still applied very well. I've had this one FOREVER. But, I love this shade of orange. I used three coats.


Cover Girl Boundless Color~ Bronze Beauty. A really sparkly gold. Lovely application. Two coats.

Milani~ Pink Pop. A bubblegum pink but maybe a little darker. Two-three coats works great. Great application, as well.

Hot Topic. No name. I'm calling it Yellow-Orange. It's between those two colors. Horrible application. Never dries... always streaky. I did my best with the pics. You can see how streaky it is. And, it's matte... but I don't have a problem with that. :)

Petites~ Bronze Baby. Really a favorite of mine. I love those dark browns and mushroom type colors. This is super shiny, and so pretty on the nails!! :) Two-three coats for this one as well. Pretty good application. :)

Sally Girl~ Type A. Pink-purple shade. Almost opaque in one coat. I used two anyway. Dries matte!!! YAY!!!! :) Great application.

Sally Girl~ Dumped. Kind of don't understand the names on some of these Sally Girl polishes, but oh well. I guess this is what you would call a metallic turquoise. Two coats. Went on super smooth! Perfect!

Sally Girl~ Mean Streak. Not a fancy color, just a cool navy blue. Love it, and decided to keep my nails this color! :) Two coats works perfectly for this shade. Almost opaque in one coat. :) No application problems.

Hope ya'll enjoyed these!
Last day for the GIVEAWAY! See the sidebar. :)
Talk to ya'll later.

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Platinum, whooooo! lol. =]

I'd have to say my two favorites would have to be Dumped and Mean Streak. They're gorgeous!

Skye said...

g0rjuz colours and u have very pretty nailz =D

Mad'moiselle Cé said...

You have some very pretty color here !!
All are perfect with your skin tone

Inbal said...

so many wonderful colors! my fav are the sally girl blue shades :-)
I really don't know why wet n wild call this polish "lavendar", my NOTD is another "lavendar" of wet n wild and is more like puchsia, with a bit blue in it.

Anonymous said...

That's really neat how a couple of the shades dry matte. I am assuming it's because they are neon type colors? Neons tend to dry matte. I also like the first blue. Those SH Lacquer Shines have a lovely range of colors.

clockwork said...

Really like the look of Platinum and Mean Streak, I like Flash a lot too, think I might have that hiding somewhere.

Lucy said...

Love all the photos. I always wanted to try the Hot Topic polishes. I love the bottles but the application is hard from what I've read. Polishing I mean. That's an awesome yellow. Shame it's so streaky. I also love Mean Streak. They all look pretty on you.

Anonymous said...

loves them all esp the Hot Topic. 1 the bottals cool 2 :) xxx

Olivia C. said...

Stephanie Zheng~ Isn't Platinum great?? lol. Thanks! :)

Nailz-In-Auz~ Thank you!! :)

Celine~ Thank you so much!! :)

Inbal~ Thanks, those are my favorites, too! :)

Deb~ Yeah, it dried matte because it's a neon. I noticed that mattes tend to chip quite a lot. But, I like how they look! I agree, the Lacquer Shine polishes have a nice range of colors. :)

Clockwork~ Thanks. Flash is a really nice color! I bet it will look great on you! :)

Lucy~ Thanks. I only have one Hot Topic polish. But, if all of them are like the bottle I have then I don't want any more. lol! :)

Nail Polish Junkie~ Thanks. :)

poshnail said...

Hi Olivia,
Thanks for the comments.
I am addicted to green nail polish.
I love the Irish Green.
The pink that you have on your profile picture is great!

Olivia C. said...

Poshnail~ Thanks!! :) I was hooked on blue. Now I'm almost craving a dark green. haha.